At Kansas City Art Statuary, each piece of statuary is hand-crafted. Ours is a labor-intensive manufacturing process:
* Are hand-made by master craftsmen with more than 30 years of experience.
* Require six to eight weeks to properly build.
* Are made of expensive resins and other materials.
* Must be stored in a climate-controlled setting to protect their integrity.
* Have limited life and must be properly maintained.
WHEN WE CAST…
* We use only high-quality, state approved, environmentally friendly raw materials: concrete sand, quartzite and concrete.
* Each mix of materials is carefully measured and documented.
* Each mold is cast only once a day.
* Our molds are disassembled and cleaned after each cast to ensure proper casting.
* We do not use accelerants that may damage the stability of our products.
* We utilize microfiber or insert rebar in certain pieces to add strength and cohesion. Laboratory performed compression tests indicate our products can withstand over 6000 pounds per square inch (psi).
FINISHING (PATCH) THE PRODUCT:
* We hand-finish every piece we cast, even those that are ultimately stained.
* Some of our pieces require several hours of detailed handwork.
* Our daily quality-control process ensures the excellence of our products.
* We use only high-quality stains — never paint, because paint may chip off.
* Stains wear naturally and may gracefully fade over time. Many people feel this adds to the value of a piece.